Monday, June 2, 2014

For the Guys in Our Lives

I've been so very blessed to have the best dad ever!  When I saw this sports line from Graphic 45, I knew this was perfect for all those guys in our lives.  I mean what guy doesn't love sports?  Check out these three Father's day cards I made all using the sweet sentiment from Two Paper Divas.  If you haven't stopped by their website to check out their latest stamps, you are totally missing out.  They have seven new sets that are just amazing!  I'm definitely having a blast trying them out.  So perfect for all those special people in our lives.  Here's the cards I made using the sports line "Good Ol' Sport."
I used a green plaid and newspaper printed paper for the background, added a baseball image, paperclip, few little tickets and a black bow with an olive button.  Yes, I put a bow on a man card.  I know, I know.  I couldn't resist!
I kept this card a little more subdued with blacks and tans.  I just love all the extras like the paperclips and metal pin for the Happy Father's Day sentiment from Two Paper Divas.  All of the Divas stamps are available here.
Lovin' this baseball image with the pinstriped uniform.  I added a few extras: the scorecard with tack, mini paperclip, a few flags at the top right corner and the pinstriped paper.  I just love ripping the edges of the paper to give it an older look.  
My dad and I spent many evenings watching the Minnesota Twins (my favorite team growing up) and the New York Yankees (my dad's fav).  My dog, Kirby (who this blog is named after is named after Minnesota Twins great Kirby Puckett.)  Anyway, I sure hope you get to spend some time with your dad on Father's day.  If your dad has already gone to be with our Heavenly Father, then it is my hope that you can take some time to remember the many memories that you had together.  What can I say, daughters love their daddies.  There's nothing better than a big teddy bear hug from your dad.

Make it a great day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Jenny! Now to decide which one your dad gets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jenny! I'm your newest follower! Love your cards and delighted to be following you! :)

    ReplyDelete