Monday, January 19, 2015

Thinking of You

No one enjoys making sympathy cards, but unfortunately they are something that is needed.  I try really hard to make my cards as personal as possible so that in some small way I can help comfort the family in their time of loss.  I've had to send several sympathy cards lately and I wanted to share one with you.
For this card, I used one of Two Paper Divas stamp sets that is back in stock called "God's Creation".  It's one of my favorites for these types of cards because it is simple, yet elegant.  I used some printed papers for my background and roughed up the edges for an aged look.  I added a paper doily, a seam binding bow with twine and a few layered flowers with pearls in the center.  To really make the "Thinking of You" saying and the grasses pop, I stamped them on cream cardstock and layered kraft paper behind it.  Simple and to the point...a nice card to send to that someone you are thinking about.

Make it a great day!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. Very. Nice card jen . U r right we've sent a few too many lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card jen u r right we've sent a few too many lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jenny. Sorry to hear you've had too many of these to make lately but how special to share something made from the heart with those close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find this type of card so difficult to make....maybe that's why I don't usually keep sympathy cards in my stash. I really like the vintage feel and that stamp is so pretty. Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete