Monday, February 9, 2015

For You

I'm guessing that you are like me in the fact that you find yourself making several birthday cards to send to family and friends.  I'm always excited to find a new stamp set to use for just that!  Today, I'm sharing a card I made using one of the brand new stamps from Two Paper Divas"It's Your Day."  I just love the petite flowers in this set...super sweet!
I decided to use a color combo of golden yellow, teal blue and cream.  I started with a fun polka dot print for the background and used a stitched die around the edge.  Topping that are a couple patterned papers, one is a chevron print and the other is a tiny floral pattern.  I made a cream bow and added gold twine and a yellow flower.  The flower stamp in the center is colored with copics and popped to stand out.  Here's a close up view.  Check out the shimmer on the flower petals, it's Wink of Stella.
Finally, a card isn't complete without a little something special inside.  The saying is from the same stamp set by Two Paper Divas.
And there you have it, this card is ready to go!

Hope you found a little spring inspiration here!

Thanks for taking a minute to check out Kirby's Kards today!  I just entered the 21st century and started a Facebook page for Kirby's Kards.  Please check it out and don't forget to "like" my page!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jenny!! I adore that perfectly tied bow and the inside is finished off so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny....absolutely adorable! I never take the time to finish the inside...great job! You proved this stamp is beautiful without all the paper piecing, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card jen. I liked the different colors too. Cute new stMps. Well fond

    ReplyDelete