Saturday, April 25, 2015

Flower Doodles Using FMS #183

Don't you just love these spring time rains and thunderstorms that we've been having lately?  Sometimes, I like to just close my eyes and listen to the rain hitting the window.  With all the rain, we're starting to see all of our perennials peeking out of the ground these days.  Also with the springtime our our little, feathered friends are coming out.  We have a bird feeding station in our back yard and it's been fun for Bryan and I to watch all the birds that come around.  My favorite is a cute little cardinal with a red mohawk that comes right up to the kitchen window feeder.  
In keeping with the springtime theme, check out my latest card using a new stamp set from Two Paper Divas called "Flower Doodles."  
The layout is from Freshly Made Sketches this week, which I loved!  I started with some sweet, colorful patterned papers for the background and topped the bottom section with a double row of cream twine and a bow.  On the cream paper, I stamped the flower using several stamps from the set "Flower Doodles."  I overlapped the petals and added sequins for the center of the flower.  They are also from Two Paper Divas.  Here's a couple more views of the card:

Thanks for taking a minute to stop by Kirby's Kards!  Hope you are enjoying some time outdoors!

Make it a great day!
Jenny


5 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card! I love that doodly flower - so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, another fun way to use this set! Super cute and the sequins in the center are a fun touch. Glad you joined the FMS challenge, too! I definitely agree this was a fun layout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Love how you used the sequins! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny. Love the petals of the flower. U r inspiring me to be creative with the graduation cards I'm trying to make from the kids announcements

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of overlapping the petals and using the sequins for the flower center. Too cute! Mel

    ReplyDelete