Tuesday, June 30, 2015

For a Special Guy!

Two Paper Divas shared a freebie apron pattern on their website the other day (which you can still print) and I decided to use it for a birthday card for Bryan's uncle, Denny.  He is definitely an outdoor kind of guy, spending time repairing equipment and any honey-do's that his wife, Nancy comes up with!  Check out the not-so-typical card I made for Denny:


I cut the apron out of kraft paper because I wanted it to have a rustic, worn look.  The tools come from Two Paper Divas stamp set "You're a Handy Man."  They were all stamped and cut out of kraft and gray paper.  Aren't they the cutest??!!  The gloves were stamped on a red and white check paper for a pop of color.  I added a paper ruler and a little pocket that holds the nails  The sentiment is from the set "For a Special Guy."  I added two brads to the sentiment to make it look like nails or screws.  To finish this man card off, I added black stitches to the edges as well as twine at the top.

Thanks for checking out my latest birthday card!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jenny, what a great idea!! Love it. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. Love all the pieces and great job cutting!!

    ReplyDelete