Wednesday, June 17, 2015

God Bless America using FMS #191

What are your traditions for Independence Day?  Do you have a family barbecue followed by going to a park to watch fireworks?  Do you head to the lake for some swimming, boating and fun in the sun followed by watching the fireworks over the water?  When I was a kid, my hometown would let everyone come down to the ball fields to shoot off their fireworks.  It was safe environment and you got to enjoy everyone else's fireworks.  Well, I was not the pyromaniac in my family...that would be my brother, Levi.  Even as a little kid, he would be shooting off those Black Cats and throwing them into the air to pop or sitting them under a tin can to blow the can in the air.  No fear what so ever!!!  I would just stay in the stands enjoying the show, while probably eating some popcorn! :)  

Well, keeping in the festive spirit of the Fourth of July, I wanted to share with you a fun card I made using this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  All of the stamps used are from Two Paper Divas. 


I used a few patriotic patterned papers for my background.  For the center portion of the card, I used a paper that had the National Anthem on it.  I topped it with a cute red and blue banner.  Each pendant has been stamped and cut out.  These are from Two Paper Divas set "Let Freedom Ring."  There's several neat stamps in this set and a few sentiments as well.  I added some red and cream twine to the banner and finished it off with a couple bows.  I've been in a sequin mood lately, so I added a few of those to the card as well.

May we be reminded of how truly blessed we are to live in the United States of America.  God Bless America!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Love this...definitely makes me ready for the Fourth. We played with Black Cats and snakes! Mom made us start with Lady Fingers until she was sure we would be careful. I don't think kids appreciate the small things like we did! I love that "music" paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jenny! The banners are so fun. Have a great weekend! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really wonderful! I love the music behind the banner. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete