Thursday, August 27, 2015

Acorns and Leaves

I've been having a lot of fun playing with some new fall stamps from Two Paper Divas.  This card uses their set called "Fall Leaves."  I just love it because the leaves are soooo big!  That's such a great look!  


I started with some plain jane white cardstock for the base of the card.  Then I added a layer of  small orange check paper as well as a layer of olive plaid paper to give the card some added dimension.  The three different leaves were stamped on white paper and  then cut out.  I used several inks by Tim Holtz to get just the color shading that I wanted.  I did the same thing with the acorns.  They are all popped for a 3-D effect.  For the bow I used white seam binding and brown twine.  The "Fall is in the air" sentiment is also from my friends at Two Paper Divas.  I finished this autumn card by adding three burnt orange dots at the bottom.


Two Paper Divas is having something special coming up real soon called "Divas Day Out" on September 26th in Lenexa, KS.  You can click here for more details.  It will be awesome!!!


Make it a great day!
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Such warm inviting colors. Fall is my favorite time of year! Great card Jenny. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall leaves, Jenny! I think you must be ready for fall but that is too close to winter for me! But, it is still a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete