Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Autumn Inspired

I love decorating for the different holidays throughout the year and our little doorstep is a fun place for that!  How can you not have a wreath or something on the door at least??!!  I think that autumn may be my very favorite season to decorate for.  I just can't resist all the pumpkins, gourds, hay bales and corn shocks! Well, my latest creation is kind of on that same note.  It's supposed to give the illusion of a door or what I would like a door to look like!


I started with three different fall patterned papers.  One is dark brown with a pumpkin/vine design, another is a polka dot print and the last is rust colored with a circle print.  I added brown ribbon with two brads a little over half way up on the card.  For the wreath, I started with a circle pierced die cut that I stamped with two different shades of brown ink using the set "Twigs and Berries" from Two Paper Divas.  Then I finished my card by stamping two leaves from the set "Fall is in the Air" on kraft paper and I added a bow made out of brown twine.  Oops, almost forgot the saying at the bottom is also from Two Paper Divas called "Simple Phrases."

Hope this card has inspired you to start creating some "fall-ish" cards!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. With the weather this morning this card fits perfectly. Love the color combination. Mel

    ReplyDelete