Saturday, October 17, 2015

Wintertime Cards & Baseball

Well, it's been quite exciting here in the Kansas City metro!  The Royals won the American League Division Series and now they're onto the American League Championship Series against the Toronto Blue Jays.  So, last night was Game 1 and of course we couldn't miss it!  I moved my craft table out to the living room and setup camp!  Check out these cards that I made cheering on the Boys in Blue:

 

My first card started with this adorable Snowman stamp from Two Paper Divas.  I wanted him to be the focal point of my card, stamping him in navy blue ink on a white tag.  Every card needs a "pop" of color, so mine was orange.  The snowman accents were colored with an orange copic marker and then topped with Wink of Stella for that glistening shine.  I added a couple of snowflakes, a light blue bow and some silver twine with a Tim Holtz snowflake.


Sticking with a Christmas/Winter theme, this next card uses "Jingle All The Way," which is also a stamp from Two Paper Divas.  I love greens, tans and silver together, so I started with my patterned papers.  There's a green and tan check paper at the top that has been scalloped punched and then a green and tan snowflake paper.  Silver twine was added to the top along with a Merry and Bright metal tag, also from Tim Holtz.  For the main portion of this card, I stamped the Jingle Bell block twice.  On the first one, I colored the bells a gray color and outlined the block with a green copic.  Then on my second one, I colored just the bells and cut them out to give a layered, pop-up look.  Wink of Stella was added to jazz the bells up a bit!  To finish this card, I added a few silver glittered dots to the bottom corners.


Thanks for checking out Kirby's Kards today!  Let's Go Royals!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Adorable Snowman Jenny! Love your jingle bells card as well. Go Royals!! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards...love them both! Hope the Royals keep winning if they keep inspiring you! Forever Royal!!!!

    ReplyDelete