Sunday, January 17, 2016

Fishes and Wishes

Well, I may be the last to the party when it comes to using water colors on cards but I'm having a lot of fun learning watercolor techniques these days.  I'm trying out these ZIG Watercolor Markers this week, so you're getting to see my first attempt!



I started out by stamping a momma fish, her baby and this fun birthday sentiment on some water color paper.  These are from Two Paper Divas latest set "Best Fishes."  I then added the orange watercolor (#70) to the fish and then two different shades of blues (#37 & #31) for the water.  I found that you don't have to use very much water to lighten the color or spread it out.  I added a little orange polka dot paper to frame the card.  Be sure to stop back by to see my progress with the watercolors!

Make it a great day!
Jenny


2 comments:

  1. Great job for your first attempt at using the new watercolor markers! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did a great job on the water coloring! And not a better set to try it with...water and fish! Keep having fun and playing! Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete