Saturday, February 27, 2016

It's all about the EGG!

I have to say that this card was egg-citing to make!  My husband just groaned as he was reading that! Ha!!!  I started by looking up a digital egg shaped image on Pinterest, which I printed out.  Click here if you would like to try it! Then I traced the pattern on to the gray polka dot paper and roughed up the edges a little bit.  I added some watercolor paper to the middle section, and then stamped the two images from Two Paper Divas on it.  The "Happy Easter" sentiment is from their set entitled "Rejoice" and the cute chick is from "For Peeps Sake."  I added a little pink and gray watercolor on the birdie.  I cut some white lace and scalloped some pink paper to go along the top and bottom of the water color paper. To finish the card off, I added a couple wooden flowers as well as a pink bow with a music, flower cutout.  


Here's a peak of the inside (and yes, this egg shaped card actually stands up!):


Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog to see my latest creation!

Make it a great day!
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. I love shaped cards and this is perfect for Easter. Adorable and love the polka dots. Looks like you are getting hooked on watercoloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny this is darling, love the egg shape! Please tell your husband I think it is egg-citing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is darling, love the egg shape! Please tell your husband I think it is egg-citing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a a great idea! Love the shaped card!

    ReplyDelete